I busted out some homemade decorations this weekend, tissue paper flowers. I had a really fun time making them. I’m now inspired to do some for every season. They really brighten up the room. I’m thinking of adding some poinsettia color strings to these ones…since I’m kind of obsessed with making them now.
They are super easy to make if you want to try some of your own. I used various size squares and colors for mine, with 9 sheets of tissue paper for each flower.
- Step 1: Get 9 sheets of various colored tissue paper all cut into equal size squares (small or large depending on your preference)
- Step 2: Fold your square of papers into a fan.
- Step 3: Cut the corners off the top and bottom of your fan shape. You can play around with this to give your pompom some different looks.
- Step 4: Tie your paper fan in the middle.
- Step 5: Unfold your fan on each side so it has kind of a circular shape. Pinch it a little on each side to make it hold shape.
- Step 6: Carefully peel down the layers of paper to start building the shape of your flower
- Step 7: Hang your flowers up as is or string them up as garland to beautify any space!